In Otorhinolaryngology, the psychological component has a particularly important effect in pathologies such as dizziness, snoring, aphonia, loss of hearing or olfaction, and nasal obstruction. Psychology plays an important role when it comes to overcoming fears of surgery.
Dr. Àngels González-Ibáñez
Degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Barcelona
Doctor and Specialist in Clinical Psychology from the University of Barcelona
Càrrecs i experiència
- Research Scholar, Associate Laboratory in Psychiatry. School of Medicine. Yale University (USA).
- Consultant in Connecticut Problem Gambling Services (Mental Health and Addictions. Connecticut Department of Health – USA)
- Psychologist and Head of the Unit of pathological gambling and other behavioral addictions. Psychiatry. Hospital of Mataró (Maresme Health Consortium)
- Reorganization Plan Coordinator pathological gambling and other behavioral addictions. Department of Health. Government of Catalonia.
- Prize in recognition of Teaching, Research and Clinical Practice of Psychology. Awarded by the Psychology Department of the Barcelona University. March 2011.
Research and Publications
Dr.. Gonzalez has published many articles and specialist book chapters. To highlight just a few:
Featured books :
- González Ibáñez, A. (1985) (1991). Psychological Exploration Methods. J. Vallejo Ruiloba : Introduction to Psychopathology and Psychiatry. 2nd and 3rd ed.
- González Ibáñez, A. (1992) (1999). Modification of behavior : Techniques and Applications. J. Vallejo. Decision-making branches in Psychiatry. JIMS Barcelona Medical Publishers.
- Ibáñez González, A. (1998). Pathological gambling (pp. 714-729 ). Vallejo J. ( ed ). Introduction to psychopathology and psychiatry. 4th. Editorial Masson Barcelona.
- Ibáñez González, A. (1999). Psychological Exploration Methods. J. Vallejo. Decision-making pathways in Psychiatry. JIMS Barcelona Medical Publishers.
- Ibáñez González, A. (2010). Pathological gaming : Concepts and comorbidity Typologies. Book Chapter in ” New challenges in the study of pathological gaming.” Coordinators : Elisardo Becoña and Enrique Echeburúa. Ramón Areces Foundation.
- Ibáñez González, A. (1991). Pathological Gambling. Addiction of the 90s. Barcelona. Barcelona Metropolis Mediterranean. N. 20. Quarterly Journal of the City Council.
- Ibáñez González, A. (1993). Disorders of impulse control not otherwise classified. Journal of Psychiatry. Diagnosis and Treatment schemes. Pp. 13-22. Ed. JIMS Barcelona.
- Ibáñez González, A. (1996). Pathological gaming. Doyma Editions ( FMV ). Continuing Medical Training in Primary Care. Vol. 3 Feb No. 2.
- Ibáñez González, A. (1999). Coordination of the special issue on pathological gambling. Yearbook of Psychology. Ed. Fontalba.
- Ibáñez González, A. ; Aymamí, N ; Jimenez, S.; Domenech, JM ; Barn R. ; Lourido – Ferreira MR. Assessment of pathological gamblers who use slot machines. Psychological Reports 2003, 93, 707-716.
- Ibáñez González, A. ; P. Rosel ; Moreno I. Evaluation and Treatment of Pathological Gambling. Journal of Gambling Studies. Vol. 21, No. 1, Spring 2005.
- Ibáñez González, A. ; Mora M.; Maldonado J. Gutierrez ; Ariza A. ; Lourido – Ferreira MR. Pathological Gambling and Age : Differences in personality, psychopathology and response to treatment variables. Addictive Behaviors 30 (2005) 383-388.
- A. Ibáñez González ; Volberg and R. Epidemiological study of prevalence of pathological gambling in Catalonia. Department of Health. Government of Catalonia, 2007.
Teaching undergraduate and graduate psychology at the University of Barcelona (UB)
- Scientific Committee of the European Association for the Study of Gambling (EASG)
- College of Psychologists of Catalonia (COPC)