Deciding on nose surgery for cosmetic reasons is not always easy. You need to consider physical, psychological and emotional aspects. We will assess your situation and help you adjust your expectations. Before deciding on surgery, we will be absolutely sure that this procedure can improve your quality of life.
The decision to operate
If surgery is performed properly, cosmetic nasal surgery (cosmetic rhinoplasty) has a very positive impact on a person’s life. But it is also important to have realistic expectations.
- I think I want to have surgery
If it bothers you to look at yourself in the mirror or appear in a photograph because of your nose; if you are looking for hairstyles that conceal your nose or have the feeling that the size and shape of your nose will affect your life, then it is likely that cosmetic surgery will give you satisfaction, tranquility and wellbeing.
If you feel a lot of fear or anxiety about going into the operating theater, our team of psychologists and therapists will help you.
If your nose is not really the cause of your dissatisfaction, nasal cosmetic surgery is not the most suitable solution for you now.
In any case, your decision should be made on the basis of good medical advice, not for the approval of family, friends and acquaintances. Your motivation for a change in appearance is very personal. It is you alone who will benefit from the results, and who must also face your own fears.
We will advise you so you can make the best decision.
- What can I expect from cosmetic rhinoplasty?
- Improved image: You will have a harmonious face and keep your style and personality. Typically, with small changes you can obtain great improvements.
- Quality of life: An improvement in appearance almost always provides increased self-esteem and confidence. Patients who have undergone the operation say that their quality of life has improved on many different levels: personal, emotional, sexual, social and professional.
- Proper nasal function: Maintain or improve all functions of the nasal organ. A rhinoplasty can be combined with an intervention to solve functional problems.
- What limitations does the operation have?
The success of cosmetic nasal surgery depends on:
- The expertise and experience of the surgeon
- Physiological factors: age, health, skin texture, bone structure, healing ability, etc.
- Emotional factors: emotional maturity and expectations regarding the operation
Nasal cosmetic surgery does not look for aesthetic perfection in absolute terms. Neither does it solve psychological problems that are not actually derived from the appearance of the nose.
- Can anyone have an operation?
The recommended minimum age is 17 or 18, when the structures of the nose have fully developed.
The ideal candidate:
- wants to improve their appearance, not achieve perfection
- is in a state of good health
- is psychologically mature and stable
- is prepared to adapt to their new image
- their quality of life is presently limited due to the shape or size of their nose