As a super specialized center in the nose, the Rhinology Clinic is fortunate to rely on the excellent specialists in otorhinolaryngology and cervicofacial surgery who are in the team.
Dr. Bernal Sprekelsen
Bachelor of Medicine from the University of Valencia and Doctor by the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
Former Head of the Otorhinolaryngology Service at the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona, and specialist in head and neck surgery (1998-2017)
Specialized and continuous training
- Bachelor of Medicine from the University of Valencia (1982)
- Doctorate by the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany (1982)
- Specialization in Otolaryngology, head and neck, by the University of Mainz, Germany (1987)
- Fellowship in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, St. Elizabeth Healthcare, llkommen an der Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany (1991)
Research and Publications
- A Researcher at the Institute of Biomedical Research August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS), University of Barcelona – Faculty of Medicine.
- Author of more than 165 national and international scientific publications
- Author of 130 chapters of books and 15 books
- Invited participant to more than 400 scientific events of national and international character
- Professor of Otolaryngology at the University of Valencia
- Professor of ENT-HNS – Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany (1997)
- Vice President of the Spanish Society of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery (SEORL-CCC) (2018-2021); President 2021-2024.
- Former President of the Confederation of the European Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery (2015-2017).
- Honorary member of the ENT societies of Germany, Hungary, Belgium, Peru and Chile
- Gold Medal (2012) of the Spanish Society of ENT and Cervicofacial Surgery (SEORL-PCF)